Friday, April 17, 2020

Week 12  

Evaluation Project

This week we were given 3 options to choose from for our Evaluation Project.  We were to then begin the project and create a video on FlipGrid telling our classmates which option we had chosen and the progress we were making on it.  I chose:

This option involves being a part of the Technology Planning Committee at your school. 

"As a part of this committee you are going to be helping to develop the school districts first ever technology plan. This is great news! You have known for a while that your school needs it. However, you have some people on your committee that don't think you need it. You have some people on the committee that were appointed to be on it because of their role with technology in the district. They say this is a waste of time and they don't have time to be involved with something like this. You have other people on the committee that are excited about doing it, but have no idea where to start. The committee chair thinks that a good place to start the process would be to look at what other schools have done. You volunteer to take on this task. 

After the meeting the committee chair pulls you aside and asks you what you think about this being a waste of time. She asks you to see if you can help get the others on board with the entire process.

What are you going to do?"

So I began searching for technology plans for my research.  I found 8 technology plans from across the country.  3 of those plans are from Catholic Schools, which I think is important to take a look at as that is where I teach.  I also wanted to try a different type of tool for my infographic.  I have used Canva before and Adobe Spark.  I found three tools that look interesting.  They are easel.ly, piktochart, and snappa.  

Here are there links in case you would like to check them out!  Next week I will let you know which one I chose.


https://www.easel.ly/     Easel.ly
https://snappa.com/       Snappa





No comments:

Post a Comment